Monday, September 30, 2013

World Tour? "The Key To The World"

Christian McGee - Earth Tone

Info On Touring And Saving Money

The "Key" about being a CEO of an Independant Music Label, would be the understanding of change. In order to find your market you must travel. If you enjoy traveling you'll be happy on both ends. I like to turn everything into a project and science experiment. If your worried about loosing the money you put into this type of project. I suggest you change your point of view. 

Musicians/Band's - could potently make traveling internationally a life style. If your from the states like me. You could start in Europe or Central/South America. Guess it depends on your style of music. Rock would do well in Europe of course, but who's to say it wont in the Latin America's? Like I said it depends on style of music, A Rock Latin band might do better in the Latin America's. Touring for 6 months of the year would be ideal. Finding places to live for that time are easy to find. Ideal place to rent would be a place that has everything included in the rent price (elect, t.v. internet, etc). 

Money - I find the understanding of how to make money a problem in most musicians. "How can i travel and make money through music?" Think about this one people. Most Independant musicians I know have a "Day Job". For instance I'm a Chef, and my 1st step is to find a solid chef/cook job. This works every time I move to a new city. Allows me to spread my music everywhere. 

Travel Time - One thing I'm learning in my journey, would be the budgeting it would take to move, and sustain myself from city to city. The more you do this the easier it will be. Right now I'm planing my Latin America Tour. Finding a central/neutral city to call home base, and once established, start traveling to city's near by. The sole purpose for me traveling is to perform / network in new territories. This way you meet your fans face to face. Developing this type of relationship will determine the length of your music career.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger