Sunday, September 25, 2011

Performance At Popkins Tavern - Richmond, VA

I'll never forget this night at Popkins Tavern (Richmond, VA). It had been raining all day off and on. Of course with my luck the rain picked up even more by the time we made it to the gig.... and by we, I mean my parents. Who drove to Richmond from Reedsville, VA and is now following me to the show. Once we get there we cant find parking for shit! Now were driving around the block (my dad & I) like two race car drivers from NASCAR. My phone rings, I answer and I can hear my mom yelling at him in the back ground "Stop playing around dammit!" finally he says "Hey I'm just gonna drop your mom & brother off at the door" As much as I wanted to say no shit, I told him "Took you long enough to figure that out". Six minuets and three blocks later I find a damn parking spot. I wanted to wait for the rain to end but, I had no time. So what do I do? I did what anyone else would do, and procrastinated on getting out the car..... four minuets later I made it in the door only to walk into a packed venue...NICE! Now this was only my 3rd time performing live.... I was nervous but it didn't get to me. I'm just glad I had a great band that night. Shout out to those who where apart of this event! There where numerous performers but, ya boi was the feature.I sold out of CD's after this performance (rare if your just starting out....AND in Richmond). Then we all (mom and dad included) went out to the club and partied till 4a.m. with the rest of the 15-20 people who rolled with us that night. It was defiantly a dope night. (The video will cut off at the beginning of the second verse... sorry my mom was the one with the camera.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger